NASA Scholarship 2019-2020
The University of Arizona, Native American Student Affairs (NASA) office administers a limited number of scholarships for American Indian/Alaska Native students attending the UA on a full time basis. Most of the scholarships require that students demonstrate financial need as reported on the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The value of each scholarship amount will vary. Students must meet the following criteria:
1.Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of:
- 3.5 GPA (un-weighted) for new entering freshmen (current high school seniors)
- 2.5 GPA for Undergraduates
- 3.5 GPA for graduate and professional students
2. Scholarship application
3. Unofficial UA Transcript or high school transcript for incoming freshmen
4. Scholarship recipients will be required to attend 3 NASA sponsored or coordinated events per semester not limited to social, cultural, and/or academic programs.
5. 500 word essay (see application for prompt).
6. Verification of Tribal membership established through a copy of the Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB), Tribal Enrollment Card (or other documentation established by use from your tribe).
7. List of all scholarships and funding received and/or pending applications for the 2019-2020 academic year. (Please refer to question #7 in the application.)
8. Scholarship recipients must attend 2 appointments per semester with NASA staff.
All applications must be received no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, September 13th, 2019. You may request a hard copy application after this date, but there are no guarantees for funding. To request an application, please contact the NASA office at 520/621.3835.
Please submit Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood, Tribal Enrollment Card or other documentation as well as your unofficial UA Transcript via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 520/621.9880.